Shipping and Receiving Associate
800 Rockmead Drive Ste 102 Kingwood, Texas 77339
Company in Northeast Houston seeking an experienced Shipping and Receiving Associate to join their team. This position is in an office setting and is a fast-paced package shipment environment. The position will be receiving and stocking inbound packages, picking and packaging outbound shipments via UPS, FEDEX, USPS, DHL, or other small to large parcel carriers.
Compensation: $13-$14/hour, Depending on Experience
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against packing lists, bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, must properly identify item quality and quantity received. Notifies supervisor if discrepancies. Records receipts into order receiving system.
- Routes received items to proper recipient or storage location. FIFO inventory rotation.
- Prints picking tickets and picks items from stockroom(s) for shipment.
- Assembles cardboard shipping boxes with appropriate packing materials for shipments.
- Affixes shipping labels and packing lists on packed cartons.
- Posts weights, lot#, Serial# of products and shipping fees into shipment fulfillment system.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping material, marketing materials, and general office supplies.
- Keeps stock room(s) and shipping area organized and clean for safe working environment.
- Periodic physical inventory counts.
- High school diploma
- 2+ years full time work experience
- 1-2 years full time package shipping and receiving experience a plus
- Intermediate typing and computer skills in web browser navigation, MS excel, MS word, MS office 2016, printer set up for variety of forms, labels, and paper thicknesses.
- Ability to read and interpret general documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The employee must regularly lift packages and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to perform basic math principles and spatial recognition to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read small fonts, lot numbers / serial numbers, and color-coded product labels.
- Experience with UPS, FEDEX, USPS, DHL, online shipping, Worldship, Ship Manager, etc.
- Cargo Shipping and Handling Certification a plus (DOT, IATA, IMDG).
- Multi-Task capable of performing multiple job duties under daily deadlines.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to personally respond to each resume. Should you be chosen to move forward in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks.