Sr. Welding Engineer
Beaumont, TX 77701
A large manufacturer of heat exchangers is looking for a Senior Welding Engineer
Salary: $95, 000 - $120, 000 + Bonus
Location: N. Houston, Texas (Will assist in relocation)
- Responsible for ensuring that industry code (ASME, AWS, etc.) and customer requirements are properly set and completed throughout the manufacturing and fabrication processes.
- Determine that appropriate processes and procedures are developed, utilized, and implemented and ensure they meet both internal and external quality requirements.
- Interface with plant managers, quality and purchasing management, manufacturing technicians, and welders on production jobs and production enhancement projects.
- Work extensively with external customers and their code inspectors to ensure products are produced or refurbished to the required quality level in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Attends pre-fabrication meetings with customers as required.
- Ensure documentation completion and document status communications to internal customers using SharePoint document management system.
- Interpreting and analyzing request for quotations.
- Developing detailed written weld procedures which meet code & customer requirements.
- Analyze and ensure the appropriate welding materials (alloys, etc.) are included in the entire processing of the job order.
- BS Welding Engineering or Metallurgy with in-depth knowledge of the petrochemical industry is preferred.
- ASME B&PV Section VIII Division 1, Section II, Section IX. ASME B&PV Section VIII Division 2 and AWS code experience a plus.
- 7+ years relatable experience required for this role
- Able to read, interpret, and determine appropriate welding procedures and processes based on customer specifications and industry requirements.
- Strong math and engineering background; strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good organizational / task tracking skills. Managing priorities for multiple assignments.
- Working Conditions
- Normal office and shop environment with some travel to the shops.
- Full Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application