Houston, Texas 77056
Very stable and reputable Energy firm is looking for a Staff/Senior Accountant. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and fast paced organization with brand new offices. Direct hire position, ready to fill ASAP!
Location: Galleria, Houston
- Month end close procedures/entries/reconciliations surrounding cash
- Accounts payable, accounts Receivable and fixed assets
- Prepare monthly balance sheet/income statements for 4 to 5 entities, as well as, providing analysis surrounding monthly fluctuations for the entities they are responsible.
- Create weekly reports, sort and filter data and send to management
- Preparing reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
- Gathering and analyzing financial information for internal use
- Make forecasts to assist business planning and decision-making
- Advise on problems and suggest improvements
- Participate in weekly rev call, maintenance calls and overtime calls
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience
- CPA is a plus. Public accounting experience is a plus. Energy experience is also a plus.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Excellent knowledge of Debits and Credit and P&L vs Balance sheet
- Working knowledge of financial software and MS Office
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of your application.