Supplier Quality Manager
NW Houston, TX
Supplier Quality Manager
A large international manufacturing company is looking for a Supplier Quality Manager for a full time direct hire position in their NW Houston Distribution center. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: NW Houston, TX
Position Pay: 65, 000 – 70, 000 Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits
- The Supplier Quality Manager is responsible for the detection, analysis, reporting, and monitoring of resolutions of Product Quality and Process Quality issues occurring at plants, dealers, and customers.
- He/she will be also be instrumental in the recovery of warranty cost from suppliers.
- This position is designed to ensure and improve product and process quality, ensure consistency in quality standards between plants, and achieving verifiable resolution to problems with suppliers, plants, and supplier design and engineering departments.
- Analysis and recovery of warranty payments from suppliers will support these efforts
- Independently conduct warranty data analysis for problem detection and monitoring
- Establish and maintain Early Warning Systems for new products
- Establish field reporting system from Dealers and Technical Service Managers, analyze, verify, report on problems reported; bring about resolution and monitor result
- Conduct failed parts analysis and reporting
- Conduct warranty claims analysis, summarize data under consideration of established procedures and agreements, and manage warranty recovery efforts on a timely basis; combine warranty recovery from suppliers with opportunity for product improvements
- Visit assembly plants on a regular basis, manage process quality audits, establish and maintain reporting system on all product and process problems
- Coordinate the necessity and conduct of field campaigns with suppliers
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering or related science a minimum
- Must have at least 3+ years’ experience in Quality Management, Quality Monitoring, Reporting; Advance level data analysis skills;
- Experience with vehicle design, operation, manufacturing, preferably in the Agricultural sector.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, is required.
- Demonstrated experience in problem resolution
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Programs, (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Able to travel independently within the U.S. and overseas; valid driver’ s license (5-10%)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced office environment and to work in a team environment
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid Time off
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks or your application.