NW Houston, TX
A large systems integrator company is looking for a strong Systems Engineer to help with custom client systems and projects in their facility that will be focused on custom PLC and operational data collection and interfaces. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Houston (NW Houston)
Position Salary: $65, 000 - $105, 000 (Depending on Experience)
- Develop new controls product designs and redesigns in coordination with sales, marketing and manufacturing functions.
- Ensure products meet control design functionality of required points of operation and project design intent.
- Performs programming of the automation systems
- Performs on-site commissioning, start-up, and verification of controls as well end-user training
- Identify controls strategies for optimal use of product applications. Review, clarify, and validate deliverables to both internal and external customers.
- Develop bill of materials (BOM) and translation documents related to new or changed designs.
- Support and/or manage the transition from design into production, including any necessary testing and training required for implementing new or changed designs. May also be required to evaluate equipment and facility capabilities when assessing the cost effectiveness of a new design.
- Provide technical support via phone and e-mail for both internal and external sales people including the areas of product selection and application.
- Work directly on field projects, including programming and commissioning for resolution of field application problems. Provide technical consultation internally to sales and marketing personnel and externally to customers.
- Support and/or manage the prototyping and testing of new designs and software, including the interpretation of test results.
- Develop technical and applications expertise for assigned products and general knowledge of all other related control products.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field; Masters Preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience of relevant work experience
- Must have strong background programming and commissioning PLC’ s & preferably VFD’ s
- Experience working with Allen Bradley/ Rockwell PLC’ s and National Instruments Labview and CRIO products. Experience with Siemens, Wonderware a plus.
- Must have a strong understating of Wire Diagrams, blue prints, etc.
- Must be very customer oriented in personality
- Strong communication & presentation skills are a must (both verbal & written)
- Must be very solution oriented with problems and client issues
- Full Benefits
- 401K + Matching
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.