VP, Business Development
345 Highlandia Drive Suite B Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Seeking a Vice President, Business Development
LOCATION: Baton Rouge, LA / Telework Considered
SALARY: $110, 000 – $200, 000
- Seeking an experienced Vice President of Business Development to lead Business Development portfolio.
- Selected candidate must be able perform all research and / or capture management without subordinate support, assess target markets, intelligence gathering on customers and competitors, develop offering roadmaps, and formulate detailed strategies at multiple levels.
- In addition, the Vice President of Business Development candidate will have a proven strategy, business development experience in a federal contracting environment, proposal writing, established customer and industry partner relationships, outstanding leadership, budget management and communication skills.
- This includes pipeline management and prioritization, growth strategy development and implementation, and all capture and marketing activities (e.g., win strategy, teaming, white paper development, proposal cycle, trade shows) that focus on growing the organization.
- Oversees the identification, qualification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities
- Develops solid internal cross-organizational relationships and works collaboratively across the enterprise to deliver enterprise-wide results
- Ensures that capture plans are updated, communicated and on-track for successful implementation
- Oversees associated trade shows and events
- Responsible for the proposal activities, strategic pricing efforts (e.g. Price-to-Win) and competitive intelligence gathering and dissemination
- Acts as a liaison among leadership, senior executives, customers or specific government agencies and offices
- Develops and maintains business relationships with customers and potential customers. Responsible for representing companies capabilities to customers and potential customers.
- Demonstrated success leading, managing, and overseeing the business development activity for portfolio supporting the US Federal Government
- Strategic in nature, aligning investment portfolio closely to strategy & account plans and pipeline and drives the Strategic Alliances
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing organizational, account, and deal strategies
- Five to Ten years of at least Director-level experience managing a robust business development program in the federal market.
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- Able to travel up to 40%
- Proposal Writing for a Federal Contractor: 5-10 years
- Understanding proposal process: 5-10 years
- Business Development with a Federal Contractor: 5-10 years
- New Business Development within Federal Contracting: 5-10 years
- Start-Up background: 5 years
- Significant and relevant customer relationships in multiple federal agency accounts including US Army and US Air Force
- Technical domain experience in areas such as: facilities support services, base operations support services, military satellite communications and training, specialty engineering, data analytics, and/or mission software development
- Strong executive-level working knowledge of Federal contracting practices
- Experience leading US Federal services growth efforts including strategic planning, proposal management, business development, and capture leadership; this includes leading large, complex capture efforts and proposals leading to winning new business, and the optimization of IDIQ contract vehicles.
- Experience and knowledge of GovWin, FBO, and other industry-related platforms.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application