Vibration Specialist Cat II (NDT& NDE)
La Porte / Deer Park, TX 77536
Vibration Specialist Cat II (NDT& NDE)
A reputable and reliable NDT and material testing services company is looking for Vibration Specialist Cat II (NDT & NDE) positions in the La Porte, TX area. All Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Will pay for relocating.
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: LA Porte, TX / Deer Park, TX
Position Salary: Negotiable for level II
- Collect, troubleshoot, analyze and reporting of routine vibration data as defined by customer machinery routes.
- Vibration data is collected monthly (30-day rotation) on all rotating equipment in operation in each area (approximately 2100 machinery trains ~ 5000 assets).
- Data is analyzed per a generated exception analysis report and any equipment in distress can be communicated to area mechanical techs, RE’ s and/or operations. A notification will be entered into SAP detailing recommended action and report summary is emailed to all relevant plant personnel.
- Vibration group will help troubleshoot any equipment problems within the realm of our capabilities. Submit equipment repair notifications in SAP.
- Maintain customer vibration database, routes, AP and AL sets, Fault Frequency sets and PeakVue sets under the direction of the Dow SME, PdM Project Manager.
- Performing advanced vibration analysis and troubleshooting. Perform Operating Deflection Shape and Modal Analysis on rotating machinery and piping systems.
- Field Balancing of rotating machinery utilizing the Alta 18 channel analyzer and the 2130. Removal and installation of critical machinery vibration probes (proximity probes). Removal and installation of vibration accelerometers. Setting proximity probe gap voltages and calibration. Vibration system’ s interlock testing.
- Daily monitoring of online vibration systems on critical equipment. Maintaining and troubleshooting of online vibration monitoring systems. Bently 1900, 3300, 3500, CSI 4500, 6500, STI, including cable replacement, proximeter replacement, Bently card modifications and calibration. Daily monitoring of online vibration systems on critical equipment.
- 4500/6500 Online watch systems in the units monitoring critical rotating equipment e.g. PAC’ s, Boiler Feed Water Pumps, HR’ s SO2 Blowers, Process Fans and Blowers. The 4500/6500 systems give us the capability to monitor the equipment continuously 24 hrs/Day, 7 Days/Wk. from our offices and offsite. It allows us to pull up live data and troubleshoot any issues while the equipment is in operation.
- Oil sampling of rotating machinery Performing Oil analysis using onsite CSI Trivector Lab. Write Vibration work procedures. Repair shop acceptance testing. Special projects as requested by Dow SME. Provide 24/7 callout coverage. Infrared on Rotating Equipment Pressure Pulsation data collection
- A minimum of Vibration Institute ISO Certified Category II
- ISO certified Category III analyst is a plus
- Vibration Institute is known and recognized worldwide
- Must supply a copy of their ISO certificate and certificate number and be able to verify with Vibration Institute that the individual is in good standings and up to date with the certification process
- ISO compliant certifications are NOT acceptable (Only Vibration Institute certs)
- Would consider Mobius certifications. They are not ISO certified but have certification process under the Australian Government and is also known worldwide.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the AMS and CSI systems and detailed knowledge of SAP and able to write notifications
- Be able to perform advanced vibration analysis and have knowledge of single plane balancing
- Must have detailed knowledge of removing and installing vibration sensors including setting gap volts on proximity probes and trouble shoot the vibration system
- Each candidate will be tested on their knowledge (knowing the CSI system, balancing, vibration analysis, etc.)
- Full Benefits